Total Pageviews

Saturday 13 August 2011

Take your time.....

0200 hrs.
Sunday night.
'And now when ur gone I wana be with you' (Enrique Iglesias, in case you thought who's the singer) ... the ringtone woke me up. Was startled to see Anup at this unearthly hour on the line (of course if a girl would have called up, I was all game for it). Cursing him, I groaned, 'WHAT IS IT MORON!!' He squeaked, 'What's the time?' I was taken aback. At 2 in the night he want's to know what time is it. 'Auspicious enough to slughter you, dumbass'. Anup sounded a bit worried at my sternness. Wasn't expecting it from me. 'Sorry just woke you up at this odd hour. But thought to share it with....' Cutting him in between I asked 'What?' She needs some time, i don't know wa.....' God, for heaven's sake don't cry. (We guys aren't gifted too glow even when we cry, LIKE GIRLS DO!!!!)
'What happened??' I asked concerned. Knowing an emotional bomb is about to explode. 'She wants some time yar. After 4 years, damn 4years of relationship Divya wants to think about it.!!' Couldn't decipher what he meant, was only cursing him to wake me up. Anyways to sound genuine, I enquired, 'But what happened? You guys were going along quite well!!' A long pause, then he started, 'Don't know man, she wants sapce.' Of course dumbo your khate-peete-ghar-ke-type-wala-weight might have started taking its toll. But didn't had the guts to tell him over the phone.
'Help me Damn it!! What you thinking. Tell me what's the problem!!'. Your waistline, that's the problem running nose. I thought!! But, Rather I said, 'Give her some time may be its better for the long run'!! Did I really said that?? Hmmm Didn't knew I could come up with something so cheesy to soothe the wrecked nerves of a heartbroken, sulking kid. 'Will that work??' Gosh, What to say now. 'Of course it will!! And if it doesn't I'll talk to her.' Shouldn't have said that, realised as soon as those words sllpped out of my motoring mouth. 'REALLY!!??' Stupmed!! 'Yeah, I will. Now go to sleep. And let me know.' 'Thanx buddy.' He replied and hung up.
After a while a message beeped.
'THANX BUDDY. UR D SWEETEST. LUV U....'
(God, I fear Divya might have read these 'homesexual' messages and have thought of taking her time!!!)

- Love is the sweetest thing which can happen to anyone. But nothing can be more heart breaking than someone saying 'I THINK WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT IT!!!'

34 comments:

Amal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aditi said...

oh m surprized u have the audacity to accept that what u say and what u think is quite different...i hope if ur frnd reads this blog....he will pardon for being truthfull... :)

but at the end its truely ssaid :-

to lie for someone's happiness is much better than telling the truth...

:)

Amal said...

Thanx Buddy....

Amal said...

Thanx Aditi for ur views. But would like to tell you that these are fictional characters. Haan, its true that i've drawn inspiration from my surrounding. Anyways it seems you just missed the crux....!!

Rohit Umrao said...

Dear Amal je aap ki lekhni me jadu hai, Padkar accha laga. Thanks
Rohit Umrao, Sr. photojournalist, Hindustan Bareilly, Up.

aditi said...

no i havnt missed the theme its just that i try to avoid discussing a theme which m not aware of....the day i will get to know about love and realtionships....will discuss about it....for sure

Amal said...

Thanx aditi.

Amal said...

Rohit ji apka comment apne blog par dekh kar achcha laga.

Niharika said...

If sitting by yourself cn lead u too such ways , then there seems no other better way to lead :)
I do get wat. Message exactly these fictional characters intended to deliver ..
It touched my heart ... Ola u gottA grt way to go

Amal said...

Thank u so much Niharika. It's a pleasure that its coming from such a good writer herself...

Niharika said...

Don't kid around , um still in search of words whr as u hav alrdy found dem to sew dem for sumthn mre productive ..:)
Junk it all ...pheww !
Chipdu ...:D

Amal said...

Niharika ur accusing me of lying on a public forum. Koi bat nai everyone has his/her day... :)

aditi said...

@niharika

i guess i will ;love to read ur blog...start writing blog as soon as possible.... :)

Amal said...

Seems like some 'girl-bonding' going on in here!! :)

aditi said...

not girl bonding...just a young aspiring writer wishes to gather as much knowledge or word power as possible... :)

Amal said...

Hmmm point taken!!

Niharika said...

@Aditi ..
Amal is unneccessarily waving a high fy I really m still a learner , blog is still a long way to go , but if it eva happens ,I'll b happy to have u all incharge :) than for the provocation ...
@Amal - ur personal blog gives me d full right to kid aroun wid u and also to unlock wateva I aspire to say !:D
Hehehhehhe !!

Amal said...

@Niharika- Yes of course u can, without any doubt!!

shivangi said...

hmmmmm....... nice one...this one i know where u get inspired from.... keep it up. last lines are very inspiring.

Amal said...

@Shivangi- Thanx buddy. ;) Hahahaha.

shivangi said...

hmmmm......ye inspiration kaha se mili i know...last lines are the best.these lines are truth of life and love. hope u will get wat u want

aditi said...

@niharika...

ok as wish...will be waiting :)

ramya said...

I personally think, that in real love companionship and ability to voice out your feelings should exist. If one cannot tell the shortcomings or if he or she is feeling suffocated in the relationship then sooner or later that relationship is bound to fail.. Be honest and upfront it will save one from future pain.

Amal said...

Thanx Ramya :)

Devashree said...

i actually don't know what to say, it was really gud n m running out of words.
n when a girls says 'i need some time' or 'i need space' she does not actually means it sweety.
now don't ask me what she means. . .

Amal said...

Thanx Devashree. I'm getting the drift... ;)

Rashmi Singh said...

Good going!
I don't agree with the last line, I think it's fine if you realize that 'you need to talk'. If good it's good for the relationship, if bad it's good for you because it saves you of lots of pain later in life.

Amal said...

Different people, different views. Thanx for ur comments though.

disha said...

nice starting.I think its better for a girl to take her time before taking such a big decision of her life.but its my opinion.good luck for future writeups.tc

Amal said...

Thanx Disha!!

guunj... said...

gud writing. story is vry live nd characters support it. keep it up.

shoot off one's mouth said...

Man, can u write. Damn good!

Amal said...

@Gunjan- Thanx Gunjan.

Amal said...

@Shoot off- Thank u Bhavna mam. Obliged that u've liked it.