Total Pageviews

Sunday 14 August 2011

Nostalgia.....

Arman was jumping all around his house. Even Kamla, maid of the house smiled sheepishly at his Harman baweja like dance moves (He cant get better then that). It was the upteenth time his Mother asked him to stop frightning Jenny, there cute little pug which they brought some days back. 'Cmon mom, it's my first pay cheque!!' He screamed. Dad came inside the room with what-the-hell's-going-on look.
Immediately Armaan sombered, 'I'm going out with friends, I'll be late!' As he said that, something struck him deep inside. 'FRIENDS'. The word made him realise that everyone's out of Lucknow. Just like him and pursuing a job. After getting a job it was seldom that he needed anyone to share his miseries, joys, crushes. But deep inside he felt a vaccum ever since his best friend Ashu went to Delhi after getting a new job. Now when he looked at his cheque, the shining in his eyes were gone, hands shaking, tears dwelling in the corner of jet black eyes. He didn't knew what happened all of a sudden. Although he wasn't knew to this feeling of his. 'What happened, Beta?' His mother asked, concerned. 'Nothing.' He was choking as he spoke. He flung open the door and ran to the terrace.
Just like his emotions, the sky was blank too. No stars, no clouds, nothing. Pure jet black. 'You might be feeling very happy haan?? Why it's always me, you try to act smart with??' Looking towards the sky and shouting at the top of his voice. His phone rang. He took out the phone, hands still trembling.
It was Ashu. 'Hello sale, I've got to know you got your first cheque. You little bastard. Didn't bothered to call me up.' Arman was struck with the timing of call. 'Nai yar, was just thinking about you only.' Laughing at the reply he took on Arman, 'Bloody liar, its me or that hot babe in the marketing department. What was the name we christened for her??' Arman smiled feeling somewhat better replied, 'Prachi-The big thing!!' They both laughed.. 'I miss you yar. There are hell lot of jobs in Lucknow. Come back!!' Arman choked over the last line. 'Hey you, better not cry or I'm going to propose Prachi'
Arman didn't even heard him. 'I really don't even want to get this bloddy cheque encashed.' Ashu understood, Arman was in one his nostalgic modes. Which Ashu knew can get out of control. It indeed had got worse at times and Ashu knew it very well. 'Look bro we've been best of pals. U've always been my strength. Now if you do like this, it would be very hard for me.' Arman listened quitely. 'Say something.' Demanded Ashu.
'I miss the time. Having cigarette, though u didn't, talking about our sucking jobs, the girls, everything.' Said Arman, rather defiantly this time. 'Aur sale you said you'll not be in Lucknow for Durga Puja. Mark my words if you don't make it. I'm going to cut your balls and feed them to the crows.'
'Crows??!!!!' Ashu asked, a bit horrified. 'Yeah, that would be the best possible use of them.' Said Arman, laughing. 'How mean of you, dumbo. If you so earnestly want to cut them atleast feed them to Prachi!!'. Both laughed again. Whole heartedly, this time. Then Ashu broke the news, 'I'm coming, idiot. Don't worry, boss has sactioned my leave.' 'Really??' Arman was overjoyed, 'Yups, but you didn't let me speak for once, gosh. Don't know where had you picked this nagging thing like girls.' Ashu said, smiling over the phone.
'Ye hui na mardo wali bat. We'll party dead harder this time. I need to go Ashu. Dad's calling'. 'Sure dumbo, aur sun call Prachi as well this time.' Ashu pleaded. 'Moron, the big thing is mine.'
And he hung up.....

31 comments:

Niharika said...

Yet another butiful 1 , din really eva wondered u cud define things so well other den news ... Hope to see many more coming up ...
Keep up d same spirit

Niharika said...

Butifully written !
Never really knew u could define something so well other den news , expect u too keep up d same spirit , n show some more astonishing side of your's

Amal said...

Thanx Niharika. Nice too see u in here, after so much of hardwork.... ;)

aditi said...

ahem ahem (for ur last comment) hehehehehe.....yes it was one of the typical man to man talk...

even when m studying me and my frnds are miles apart....but a single phone call and we behave like we used to do in our school days.... i miss both of u my angels.. :(

Amal said...

Thanx Aditi. Actually its a friend to friend talk. Actually girls do talk like that at times.... Trust me ;)

aditi said...

no actually i wrote it in wrong manner....by man to man talk i meant about ur blog....


for ur and niharika's talk...that ahem ahem was enough ;p

Amal said...

Hahaha thanx aditi :)

Niharika said...

I din get you aditi :s ?

Amal said...

@Aditi- kindly xplain!!

shivangi said...

amal now u r not my tat college friend. great work.... imagine tat day wen we used to sit near metro station n now.........congratulations for wat u r getting by experience...really nice

Amal said...

@Shivangi- Thanx buddy. A positive comment frm such a gud friend really boosts me up. I hope u'll be a regular visitor.
And by the way, I'm still ur that college friend and will always be..... :)

Unknown said...

nice write up!

Amal said...

Thanx Bharat.

aditi said...

@niharika

nthng...just dat i wanted to read ur words....in ur blog,.... :)

ramya said...

Great, it remind me of good old days, when i had freinds around.

Amal said...

Thanx Ramya. Ur an accomplished writer urself. The comment comin 4m u wld definitely help me.

Novoneel Chakraborty said...

Nice Work Amal! All the very best dear.

Amal said...

Thank u thank u so very much Novoneel. :) :) I hope i wld live upto ur expectation.

Devashree said...

i always asked u to write but i didn't knew dat when u will I'll b speechless.
m so vry proud of u sweety. :)

Amal said...

Thank u so much Devashree!! Ur comments mean a lot to me. :)

Nikhil Srivastava said...

Very well written buddy. Keep it up.

Amal said...

@ Nikhil- Thanx a lot buddy.

Mukul Gupta said...

Nice little piece..
everyone of us could identify it with ourselves at some point of time..

Cheers Amal..

Amal said...

Thanx Mukul.

Rashmi Singh said...

Liked!

Amal said...

Thanx Rashmi!!

aditi said...

in between...i want to knw...aapko sweety kyun kaha gaya??? ;)

Amal said...

@Aditi- Thats a secret!! ;)

aditi said...

oh wow...secret wo v blogging site pe...not allowed

Amal said...

@Aditi- Hahaha :) Kuch cheezen rakhni padti h

aditi said...

ok...ok... as u wish :)